Association Info | Greer, SC
The downtown area has in place what many know as a merchants association; it is called the Greer Station Association (GSA). The group is made up of all businesses located in downtown, property owners or anyone that has a “vested” interest in the success of downtown Greer.
The Greer Station Association’s Mission is:
- To create tangible value for contributors in the Greer Station Association.
Market and brand Greer Station to improve business opportunities and to provide opportunities for new business growth.
- Support and develop events that promote Greer Station.
- Provide networking and social activities for those individuals and organizations with a vested interest in Greer Station.
- Identify and assist with issues and projects that affect the maintenance and revitalization of Greer Station.
The GSA group has in place three committees:
- Increase the public awareness of Greer Station and encourage residents and tourists to patronize Greer Station Association businesses.
- Provide resource support to Greer Events for annual events and the Greer Development Corporation in its efforts to recruit, expand and retain business in Greer Station.
- Develop regular networking and social events for the Greer Station Association.
- Execute events in Greer Station designed to promote Greer Station Businesses and increase foot traffic such as Greer Station Bridal Expo, Volunteer Greer Day, Fall Gallery Walk, Fall Fashion Show, Greer Education Gala, and Christmas at Greer Station.
- Provide volunteer assistance and support for other events in Greer Station that increase foot traffic and promote the downtown core such as Greer Relief Gala, Chamber Oyster Roast, Chamber Chili Cook-off, Greer Family Fest, Tunes on Trade, Wing Fling, Oktoberfest, and Halloween Hoopla.
Property Maintenance and Downtown Improvement Committee
- Assist and support the maintenance, improvement, and beautification of the historic downtown area.
With these committees, we also have a Chair who works diligently to ‘champion’ the initiatives that the GSA contributor develops. This person(s) acts as the contact person for the group and works along side the Greer Chamber and the Greer Development Corporation in regards to issues or strategies that concern Greer Station.
2013 GSA Board
Chairman - Martin Miller, The Image Forge
Vice Chairman - Keith Challenger, ZuZu's Fashion Replay
Secretary - Andrew Havran, Havran Law
Lindsay Stevens, The Davenport and Honeywell
Denise VandenBerghe, Promotion Graphics, ACME, and Wild Ace
Lisa Lynn, Take Shape For Health
Elizabeth Adams, City of Greer
For more information about the Greer Station Association, please contact GDC at 864-416-0125. To get involved in what is occurring in downtown please make plans to attend a Greer Station Association Meeting. Please visit the events and news tab to learn more about date / time / place of the next GSA meeting.